Driving is an everyday activity that gets you to work, school, and home. Ensuring your road safety is important to get to your destination without injury or accident. As such, the Department of Transportation requires a DOT physical for all drivers before they get the license to drive a vehicle.
You are required to get DOT physicals from a qualified clinic in Texas if you:
- Drive a vehicle designed to carry more than 15 people.
- Are paid to drive a vehicle designed to carry more than 8 people.
- Carry hazardous material in your vehicle that requires your vehicle to have a placard.
- Drive a vehicle on the interstate with a gross combination weight rating, gross vehicle weight rating, or gross combination weight of over 10,000 pounds.
But why is this physical so important?
- It guarantees your overall health
- It checks your vision and hearing
Being able to see and hear everything around you as you drive is crucial to your safety and the safety of other drivers. This ensures that you see road signs and hear other vehicles clearly.
- It evaluates your mental and emotional capacity to drive
Your mental and emotional health is just as important as your physical vitality. Ensuring that you are of fit mind and body can help you get your license to drive.